Monday, November 21, 2011

Inside the center of the information

If you happen to travel much you start developing some rituals in order to get a feeling of "normality". Sketching is one, another is to read the newspaper with a coffee. For that I have to find a cafe with a good selection of newspapers.
Cafe und Zeitung
In Berlin I enjoy reading the Berliner Zeitung. A few days ago while reading it, I asked myself how does nowadays a Newspaper Press room looks like. So I went there and asked if I can draw it, and here is what I found out:
BerlinerZeitung4
The reporters from the weekend supplement work in offices. You would find a lot of papers on their desks, many newspapers and magazines. Notes on the walls but few personal items.
BerlinerZeitung6
Diccionaries and water, a lot of water.
BerlinerZeitung5
Albeit working in different rooms they are continuously coming and going into each other offices to coordinate things.
BerlinerZeitung7
In the politic press room people work together in a big room
BerlinerZeitung8
They are constantly checking information with each other
BerlinerZeitung9
Here they are deciding for the picture in the front page.

This Post is available in German in Berlin.urbansketchers.org

No comments:

Post a Comment